You expect that the air outside will be filled with smog or chemicals that you can’t control, but you don’t have to expect that from the air that you breathe inside your home or commercial building. Maintaining a healthy indoor home air quality is a great way to keep your home and the people inside of it, as safe as possible. Here at West-O-Plex A/C & Heating, we are dedicated to making sure that you always have great indoor air quality by our commercial service experts. That means, that you have us come out for routine maintenance and we will keep taking care of you and your air.
So, what is indoor air quality and what does it mean to you and your family? The air outside is filled with harmful chemicals, pollutants, bacteria, and all different types of allergies. All of those bad things that you are breathing in, go right into your lungs and affect your body. The air inside your home can be filtered to keep those types of items out. When you clean your home, you are likely using harmful chemicals to get rid of bacteria, but those chemicals end up in your air and you breathe them in. If you have pets, the air and dust from them will also go into your air and be breathed in by you. All of these things affect the quality of your air. There are ways that you can improve this though. One simple way that you can do this by yourself is by making sure that your air filters are changed out every 3 months. If you have several animals in the home, you may even want to consider changing them more often.
There are a variety of changes that you can make right away, but we can also help you. Our technicians are here to make your life easier and one of those ways is to make sure that the air in your home is as clean as we can possibly make it. When you want better indoor air quality in Fort Worth, TX, give us a call at 817-244-2511 and we can come out and help take preventative measures to get your home’s air better air to breathe in.
How To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
- Do not smoke in your home or near it! The smoke will fill up your home and cause secondhand damage that is extremely harmful to your health. It can also clog up your air filters and stick to your walls, causing harmful pollution.
- If you are cleaning your home with chemicals, make sure that you have windows open or some kind of ventilation happening. They can build up in the air of your home and give you health problems as time goes on. If you plan to use chemicals in your home, open doors and windows. Also, if you do crafts that use glues or paint stains, you will want to make sure that you always have an open window or choose to do them in a location that is outside of the home.
- Dust as often as you can around your home. The less dust, pet hair, and allergens that are flying around your home, the better. You should also try to vacuum regularly as well, especially if you have pets. You want to try to keep these allergens from coming back up into the air and the best way to do that is to get rid of them right away before they start clogging up your air filters.
- If you can, make the switch to a natural cleaner. These will not put harmful chemicals into the air that can make you sick. People think all natural means that they are not getting the same quality of clean, but they are wrong. Your home will still be clean and you won’t be putting your families health at risk. If you are looking to improve air quality in your home; making this simple switch is worth it.
- If you can afford it or have been thinking about an indoor air filtration system, you should talk to one of our technicians about them. These are not necessary, but if you suffer from allergies or have a child or spouse that it sick regularly, this kind of system can be beneficial. Call us for A/C & heating services in Fort Worth, TX.