What is HVAC maintenance?
As winter moves forward, you’ll be cranking up your heater more often. To ensure your heating system is working properly to keep you warm all winter, regular heating maintenance is a good idea. In fact, regular maintenance for your HVAC system, both heating and cooling, is a great idea.
How often should you get maintenance? Does HVAC require annual maintenance? These are great questions. Most professionals actually recommend a twice yearly maintenance on your HVAC system. Ideally, in the late summer or fall, before temperatures really begin to drop, you should have a professional check your heating system, and either in late winter or early spring you should get your air conditioning checked out professionally.
A regular maintenance service will ensure your HVAC system works properly each season, and a professional will be able to catch problems and make repairs on the spot, if necessary. Preventative maintenance can help stop major costly repairs down the line. Of course, while professional maintenance is recommended at least twice per year, you can take simple steps to protect your system, like changing out your filters regularly and keeping the area around outdoor units clear of branches and other debris that can affect its operation.
West-O-Plex Air Conditioning and Heating provides maintenance, repair and replacement services for a variety of quality HVAC brands, including a full range of Airtemp services in Fort Worth, TX. For service on Airtemp or any other brand of HVAC system, give our team a call at 817-244-2511.
How much does it cost for HVAC maintenance?
HVAC maintenance is relatively inexpensive. For heating home maintenance or for air conditioning maintenance, HVAC service companies like West-O-Plex Air Conditioning and Heating often offer heating maintenance plans or cooling maintenance plans bundled together for twice-yearly service. These plans can cost as little as $15 per month or anywhere between $150 to $300 yearly, depending on the type of plan you sign up for. Services include tune-ups, cleaning and adjustments. Costs will vary with each plan and plans may or may not include costs for repairs.
Maintenance is key to the upkeep of your home. No area should be neglected, whether it’s your HVAC system or your roof. You especially should be concerned if you have roof leaks. If you have leaks get roof leak repair as soon as possible to avoid further problems.
Heating maintenance tips
While professionals can make sure your heating and cooling system is running properly, there are some simple things you can do yourself to keep your system maintained year round.
- Change the filter: Replace the filter regularly. High-efficiency pleated filters are best and can be changed out every 90 days.
- Keep area around unit clean: About two feet of clearance should be maintained around the outdoor unit. Sticks, leaves, grass, and other debris should be cleared.
- Check and clean condenser fan blades: For cleaner air, keep the fan blades free of dust and dirt by cleaning them regularly.
- Oil the condenser fan motor: Add a few drops of SAE 20 oil into oil ports to keep the condenser motor lubricated.
- Weatherproof the compressor unit: Keep a cover over the compressor unit in extreme heat or cold.
- Clean indoor evaporator coil, as well as drainpipe and evaporator trap: Prevent mold and bacteria growth by draining and cleaning the condensate drain with bleach water.
- Check for and seal duct leaks: You can seal ductwork and insulate it to reduce or avoid condensation and maintain efficient airflow.
- Adjust and inspect the thermostat: Make sure the thermostat is working properly at set at the right temperature.
How often should a heat pump be serviced?
When it comes to heating maintenance, if you heat and cool your home with a heat pump, you’ll require less maintenance on it than on a regular HVAC system. This, however, doesn’t mean you should neglect your heat pump altogether. In fact, like other HVAC systems, a heat pump requires regular maintenance to ensure it’s heating and cooling properly year-round. Professionals recommend having your heat pump serviced at least once per year.
How long should a heat pump last?
With regular heating maintenance, a heat pump should last at least 15 years. Although where you live and type heat pump you have will affect its longevity, regular maintenance is the most important aspect when it comes to regulating the heat pump’s lifespan. Like other HVAC systems, along with professional tune-ups, changing out filters, cleaning the coils and keeping the outdoor unit clear of debris will expand the unit’s lifespan.
Heating maintenance near me
Whether you have a heat pump, furnace or other HVAC system, when it comes to heating maintenance in Fort Worth, TX, rely on the professionals at West-O-Plex Air Conditioning and Heating. We offer an extensive range of affordable plans for all varieties of systems. Maintenance projects are among the most important HVAC leads we receive because homeowners want to stay comfortable year-round. Find out how we can help you or schedule services with us by calling 817-244-2511.